With the increased number of Finals series this season (all Divisions will participate in Finals) there is an increased likelihood of Member Clubs having multiple sides in the first Round (First Semi-Final and Elimination Final) and, potentially, in later rounds of Finals series.
Multiple sides from a club for Finals series may be consecutively ranked or not – player eligibility rules are different for each case.
Clubs are asked to pay close attention to Conditions of Play relating to participation in Finals
- “Played Games” – (Rule 1.9)
- “Player Eligibility – Finals” (Rule 2.13) for Finals sides (Opposite Gender Players are original team members and must conform to the same Finals eligibility rules)
- player eligibility & limitations for subsequent Finals games
- “FINALS – Arrangements of Play” – (Rule 9.2)
- Venues for finals – (Rule 9.3)
Eligibility for Preliminary Final
The MBA Match & Program committee have agreed to the addition of a new Rule described below.
184.108.40.206 Players from a side which has qualified for a Grand Final through the First Semi-Final are not eligible to play in the Preliminary Final in a lower ranked side.
If there are any questions regarding the above or further clarification required, please contact MBA Match & Program committee (MBAmatchcommittee@metrobowls.com.au)
Chair, MBA Match & Program Committee