This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Hosting Finals Series (refer Sections 11 & 12 of the Conditions of Play)
Clubs who are anticipating an involvement as hosts for 2022/23 Pennant Semi-Finals and Preliminary Finals games are reminded and advised of the following:
- The Host Club is responsible for providing a venue Manager of the Day unless another person is appointed by the MBA. Additional duties will include receiving protests & appeals for directing to the MBA Hearing Panel.
- Finals series games should be played on separate greens wherever possible. Spreading teams across multiple greens should be avoided.
- The Host club is responsible for providing NON-PLAYING Umpire(s) for the day. If possible, there should be one umpire allocated to each game/green. Clubs anticipating difficulty regarding this requirement must contact the MBA Secretary.
- Finals series games will be played without a time limit.
- Finals series games for Saturday Division 6 & 7 and Wednesday Division 4 will include a brief mid-game break. All other Finals games will be played without a mid-game break.
- In the case of extreme weather on Game Day normal procedures will be applied.
- In the event of a drawn game after the full allotment of ends, side Managers will toss for the mat and all teams shall complete one end from the end of the green at which their last end was completed (refer Law 28).
In the event of there still being a draw after an extra end has been played, the procedure above will be repeated until a winner is obtained.
- Home sides, including the higher ranked side for those playing at a neutral venue, are responsible for entering results into BowlsLink by 6:00pm on the day of play.
Away sides need to confirm the results as usual by 6.30pm on the day of play. Entry and confirmation of results at the conclusion of the games is desirable.
It would be appreciated if Host Clubs could provide access to a computer to allow all sides to enter and confirm results at the conclusion of the games.
If there are any questions regarding the above or further clarification required, please contact Match & Program committee (MBAmatchcommittee@metrobowls.com.au)
Chair, MBA Match & Program Committee