All club Secretaries
Clarification of procedures to begin/ complete Thursday Round 2 Pennant games.
Incomplete games, and games that were unable to start, on Thursday 28 October will be completed on Tuesday 9 November
- Practice is allowed from 9am.
- 2 trial ends beginning by 9.45 am.
Pennant Conditions of Play do allow for clubs to negotiate for alternative dates/times for replays, with the permission of Match & Program Committee.
Games in which there was no play at all (rolling the jack for the first end constitutes play [Law 5.3]) were
- Selection of teams for 9 November can be made from all eligible players who did not play in Round 2 (i.e., excluding players who were part of a started game in Round 2).
- New or amended scorecards should be used
- Scorecards must be drawn for opponents & rinks of play at the normal time.
Games which were started but were called off for the day without being “completed” (Rule 5.4) must continue with the procedures and restrictions applying to continuing games (Rule 8.1).
- Games will resume from when they were abandoned with the same players in the same positions (see below for substitutes), using the same scorecards
- A redraw for rinks at the normal time will be needed if there is any difference from rinks used in the original game
- If a player is unavailable a substitute may be used
- Players must not be transferred from one team to another
- Only one substitute is allowed in each team (rink)
- A substitute must not have played in any other game in any other side in Round 2 of the Thursday competition
- A substitute must play in the same position as the player being substituted, except if it is the skip. If a substitute is required for a skip, then the other members must rearrange their positions as necessary (DR 2.4.5)
- If a substitute is unavailable, the team will continue the game as if the second player is missing (refer Rule 22.214.171.124 & DR 2.6.2)
Please also refer to Rule 2.3 of the Conditions of Play and the Laws of the Sport of Bowls – DR
2.1.3 & DR 2.4 for rules covering substitutes.
Chairman MBA Match & Program Committee